- OriginalTreatise BuyTheBook CatholicTreasury SecretOfMary ProperConditions MontfortWebSite MarianFaithNetwork
- TexasMontforteans-SanJoseAustin LakewayProgram TexasToJesusThroughMary
- Monfort Spirituality: http://www.cin.org/gaffney.html
- Handbook of Spirituality: http://www.ewtn.com/library/Montfort/HANDBOOK.HTM
- Mary's role in Salvation: http://www.cin.org/montfort.html
- Love of Wisdom: http://www.ewtn.com/library/Montfort/lew.htm
- St Frances de Sales: (DevoutLife - True Devotion) (Follower of Lorenzo Scupoli [Spiritual Combat]
- St John of the Cross: DarkNightOfSoul
- St Alphonse Liguori: SpiritualReading
Some thoughts on Consecration:
- This consecration has the characteristics of a vow: because it is a most solemn and eternal dedication. It is more than an ordinary promise - which is not binding under penalty of sin... The effect of this consecration, properly made, is irrevocable... He completely gives away ownership of his own body and his soul, all of his material possessions, and even the right to to dispose of the values of any of his good actions...
- One must trust that Our Lady will tenderly care for all his needs: just as she cared for the needs of Jesus.
- One must accept that she will now use them as instruments to crush the head of Satan... Satan hates these souls with a special vengeance. They must stay very, very close to their mother, sacramentally and spiritually, or he will wreak terrible havoc in their lives in every way he can.
- Most Holy Mary is never out-done in generosity. She will repay a hundred fold anyone who will consecrate themselves to her in this way. That person however, can not demand anything from Our Lady. One may only present their needs and desires with humble confidence; they must trust that her wisdom and generosity will take care of all their needs; she will exceed the desires of their own expectations. BUT: A person can not use Mary: Mary will use the person! This is very painful for most people, who are secretly filled with self love.They must be prepared for Our Lady to rid them of this self love... This can hurt a LOT!... One must habitually learn to accept the providence of God, as it is ordained through Our Lady's gentle, but very real wisdom.
Prayer of consecration to the Holy Spirit:
O Holy Spirit, receive the perfect and complete consecration of my whole being. In all my actions, grant me the grace of being my Light, my Guide, my Strength, and the Love of my heart.
I surrender myself to You, and I ask You for the grace to be faithful to Your inspirations.
Holy Spirit, transform me through Mary and with Mary into a true image of Christ Jesus, for the glory of the Father, and the salvation of the world. Amen. (Fr. Felix de Jesus Rougier, M.Sp.S.)