- At the Approach of Temptation
As long as we live in this world, we cannot be without temptations and tribulations... All the Saints passed through many tribulations and temptations and were purified by them... Many seek to flee temptations, and fall worse into them. We cannot conquer by flight alone, but by patience and true humility we become stronger than all our enemies. He who only declines them outwardly, and does not pluck out their root, will profit little; nay, temptations will sooner return and he will find himself in a worse condition. By degrees and by patience you will, by God's grace, better overcome them than by harshness and your own importunity... Examine your conscience, pray, practice renunciation of your own will, mortification (control of physical desires), and purity of heart.
- When you have Committed Sin
- Is it the devil? or God testing and strengthening you?
difference? Well, you don’t have to know the difference. Just accept everything gracefully as a glorious act of
obedience to God. If the devil trips you up and discovers that his efforts result in your glorifying God, he will get
tired of you very quickly and leave you alone...
Some thoughts on the New Age:
- Many Christians view the New Age movement as merely self-indulgent silliness. Unfortunately, there's far more to the movement than astrology, crystals, weird workshops, and psychobabble. New Age spiritual leaders have a firmly entrenched anti-Christian worldview, and many of them harbor a special hatred for the Catholic Church. Many believe that the Fall was really man's ascent into knowledge, assisted by Lucifer -- whom they hail as the bringer of light and wisdom... [In the "New Age"] , traditional morality and traditional families will disappear. Orthodox religions -- especially Christianity and Judaism -- are considered "separative" and "obsolete"; in the New Age, they too will vanish.
- Humanity is God, and there is no death... We are gods!... Since we are gods, there is no need for Christ to save us... It is but natural...to view Satan, the Serpent of Genesis, as the real creator and benefactor, the Father of Spiritual mankind... Each man works out his salvation upon the physical plane, which leads him to right the wrongs which he may have perpetrated in his lives on Earth, and which enables him eventually to 'clean his own slate'... Each of you has access to an inner teacher... "If you are to evolve, it will not be because you've been able to successfully deny yourself things you know 'feel good,' but because you've granted yourself these pleasures.
- New Age philosophers define evil as matter, selfishness, and the refusal to embrace change... Evil [Christianity] abhors diversity and seeks conformity and sameness... [The new Lord's Prayer]: Our Father/Mother God... Which Art In Heaven... Hallowed Be Our Name... Our Kingdom Is Come... Our Will Is Done...," and ending with, "For Ours Is The Kingdom, Ours The Power, Ours The Glory, For Ever And Ever. Amen."
- The New Age would be preceded by a "destructive cycle, wherein the old order passes away" and "human civilization with its accompanying institutions -- is destroyed"... The message is the same: You will be a god. Human response to temptation does not change either; apart from God's grace, we sin. Therefore, human rebellion against God will follow a consistent pattern. Those who wish to rebel against God will find collaborators and mentors to confirm and assist them in their choices.
- Some people do crazy things that “seem” right to them, but are an abomination to God, like abortion, artificial birth control, homosexuality, gluttony, human cloning, adultery, fornication, pornography, assisted suicide, and embryonic stem cell research. Our society today tells us all that the above things are all wonderful and fulfilling... We are all now being conditioned through the media for this great deception... Satan sets a table that is so appealing to our human senses, and that “feels” right, so that we fall in his trap time and time again. Unlimited sex? Sure, why not? God will forgive me. All you can eat buffet? Sure, why not? I deserve it, after all. Easy money? Sure, why not? Everyone else is doing it. His traps that appeal to our senses and human nature, along with our tendency to rationalize our participation in evil, are our downfall.
- People are deceived into thinking that a huge retirement plan is more important than faith in Jesus Christ...People are deceived into thinking that because of the actions of a small minority of priests in the homosexual altar boy scandal, that the whole church is rotten to the core... People are deceived into thinking that artificial birth control and abortion are good things, instead of intrinsic evils. People are deceived into thinking that homosexuality is good, instead of being one of the 4 sins that cries out to God for vengeance.