The Commandments of God
1) I am the Lord your God. You shall not have strange gods before me. Have I
His mercy? Have I believed in or consulted fortune tellers? Have I taken part in non-Catholic
worship? Have I entrusted myself regularly to God? Neglected my morning or evening
prayers? Omitted my religious obligations because of human respect? Presumed upon God's
mercy in committing sin?
Have I read books or papers opposed to the Church and her teachings? Did I make use of
superstitious practices; such as believing in dreams, and charms, and the like? Have I spoken
irreverently of persons (priests or religious), places (e.g, the Church), or things (the sacred
vessels) which especially represent God?
truth of what I say) without a good reason, or falsely? Have I cursed (the calling down of some
evil on a person, place, or thing)? Blasphemed (used insulting language to express contempt for
God, the saints, or holy things)?
Have I been a good citizen by voting? Have I shown respect toward aged parents? Have I used
my authority over inferiors properly? As a parent, by good example in the home and by sending
the children to a Catholic school? As a person in public office, by promoting the common
welfare? As an employer, by being considerate of the employees? Have I honored my employer
or anyone in authority over me, even as a volunteer, and carried out my obligations to that person
and that work? Have I honored, obeyed, and prayed for those in civil authority over me?
speak to others? to forgive them? Did I use provoking language?
conversations? Did I touch others or let others touch me in an impure manner? commit an
impure act alone or with others? want to look at impure things or pictures? go to bad places?
movies that were bad? read bad books? go with impure companions? teach others to commit
sins of impurity?
buying or selling? Have I damaged the property of others? accepted or kept stolen goods? paid
my just debts as soon as possible? Has my daily work merited its pay check? Have I desired to
steal anything or to damage my neighbor's property? (Laziness?)
reason)? detraction (without a good reason, making known the hidden faults of another)?
calumny (by lying, injuring the good name of another)?
The Precepts of the Church
1) Have I confessed my sins once a year? If not, how long is it since my last worthy confession?
3) Have I abstained from flesh-meat on the appointed days?
3) Have I contributed as well as I can to the support of the Church?
4) Have I attempted to contract marriage without the presence of a priest?
5) Is there anything else of which my conscience feels guilty?
Sins Against the Holy Spirit
1) Presuming to gain salvation without meriting it.
2) Despairing of salvation.
3) Resisting truths which have been made known to us.
4) Envy of another's spiritual good.
5) Stubbornness in sin.
6) Final obstinacy in one's sins.
Seven Deadly Sins
1) Pride: An unrestrained appreciation of our own worth.
2) Avarice or Greed: An immoderate desire for earthly goods.
3) Lust: A hankering after impure pleasures.
4) Anger: An inordinate desire for revenge.
5) Gluttony: An unrestrained use of food and drink.
6) Envy: Sorrow over the good fortune of our neighbor.
7) Sloth: Laziness to do right, or carelessness to do right and to practice virtue because of the
Sins Crying to Heaven for Vengeance
1) Willful murder
3) Oppression of the poor
4) Cheating laborers of their just wages
Nine Ways of Aiding Another in Sin
1) Counseling or advising another to sin.
2) Commanding another to sin.
3) Provoking another to sin.
4) Consenting to another's sin.
5) Showing another how to sin.
6) Praising another's sin.
7) Concealing, remaining silent about, doing nothing to prevent another's sin.
8) Taking part in, or enjoying the results of another's sin.
9) Defending another's sin.